Saturday, February 11, 2012

Jump In

Have been watching a tv show called Regenesis.  I'm hooked.  It's about a lab in Toronto funded by the 3 North American countries (if I need to list them, they are Canada, US and Mexico).  Called Norbac it saves the continent from killing viruses, evil Monsanto type companies and weird genetic diseases.  I like it because it's positive and usually upbeat.

Also just watched The Visitor.  Gave me a different outlook on illegal immigrants.  It was a US film so I had to try to filter it through my Canadian vision but I hope our immigration policy is different than the US one.  It probably is since we allow 5 digit thousands in every year without them even needing to know English.  I see I'm conflicted here.  I would hope that people who want to become part of our culture and can contribute to our country are allowed in but those who want to bring their ethnic baggage with them and glom together in an enclave where they don't need to speak our language are not allowed.

Anyway, these are on Vision TV which has shown lots of shows that I enjoy.  You need to put up with a bit of religious stuff now and then but it's worth it I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment